Location: Indianapolis, IN
Wage: Up To $12.00
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Tandem, an ISO 9001:2015 certified mail facility, offers full-service mail and fulfillment, first-class presort, and third-class mail processing. We employ people with disabilities, giving them the opportunity to develop job skills while earning a paycheck. Tandem has several major contracts through SourceAmerica, a national agency charged with developing employment opportunities for people with disabilities. If you are looking for an open environment in which you can grow as part of the mail service industry, we want to meet you!
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
Part time position 9 am – 2 pm Mon -Fri
Participates in the manual assembly steps of standard mail projects, UPS entry and shipping.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Sort & batch mail
- Work with others as part of the mail processing team
- Maintain tracking logs to assist in monitoring the bases’ accountable mail
- Customer window service for package retrieval and general delivery services
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Manually process mail to meet Post Office standards.
- Work with others as part of the mail processing team.
- Prepare packages for shipping/delivery.
- Report any suspected abuse, neglect, or exploitation immediately to supervisor or department head.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
- Report to work as scheduled.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
(In August 2022, the company names “Post Masters, Blue Octopus Printing, and DOMA Document Solutions,” providing print, mail, and digital solutions to customers were rebranded as Tandem Solutions, or Tandem for short. These three entities, housed under AWRC, Benchmark Human Services’ not-for-profit sister company, look forward to partnering with customers and new team members under this new identity moving forward. To be clear, nothing has changed except the brand name. The work remains the same, the management and ownership remain the same, and most importantly, the team and mission remain the same.)
Tandem is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers.