FILTER CITIES CATEGORIES
Company: Benchmark Human Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves. Benchmark Human Services is looking to hire a Compliance Officer to join our team! This person will oversee compliance and quality in various markets such as Montana and New Hampshire. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in overseeing the Compliance plan which includes:
- reviewing incident reporting
- investigation reports
- identifying areas of high risk requiring an internal review with recommendations
- monitoring corrective action plans.
- Monitor HIPAA, Federal and State Regulations, rules and policies and accreditation standards
- Develop and review agency policies and procedures for compliance, as appropriate.
- Requires interaction with external auditors and development/ assistance with writing corrective action plans and appeals.
- Develop and assist in staff training for compliance.
- Provide annual compliance report on outcomes.
- Assist in developing updating and implementing the compliance plan and compliance reporting process
- Assist in developing, updating and implementing compliance teams investigation process
- Assist in developing and implementing action plans for an internal auditing system determined by high-risk needs including but not limited to HIPAA security.
- Obtain data, review trends, and look at system changes per company policies.
- Participate in external audits to communicate company policy, procedures and data collection.
- Monitor, complete or assist in writing external corrective action plans or appeals
Monitor, assist and implement compliance for accreditation standards, certifications and state definitions.
- Maintain data and determine training, system changes and communication needs per survey results. .
- Write and revise company policies as they relate to compliance.
- Provide information at new employee orientation on compliance as requested.
- Assist in developing and providing annual outcome measurements for compliance.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of government funding sources, rules and regulations.
- Skills to analyze and audit records.
- Ability to review, identify and provide recommendations for policy/procedure implementation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors degree or 10 years experience working with people with disabilities required
- 5 years experience working with State and Federal rules, regulation and certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Must submit an updated resume and cover letter with application