Family Preservation is a service in partnership with Indiana Department of Child Services (DCS). The overarching goal of the program is to maintain the family unit in a safe and healthy manner. Our team collaborates with DCS, the referred family, and any collateral supports to assess the family, develop recommendations, and implement services to keep the family happy, healthy, and safe. Benchmark Human Services is proud to be a provider of this important program serving Indiana communities.
We are approved to serve Region 3, which includes St. Joseph, Elkhart, Marshall, and Kosciusko counties; Region 4, which includes Allen, Whitley, DeKalb, Lagrange, Noble, and Steuben counties; Region 7, which includes Wells, Adams, Grant, Blackford, Jay, Delaware, and Randolph counties; and Region 10, which includes Marion county.
The goals of Family Preservation are:
- Preserving the referred family without compromising safety
- Ensuring families have protective factors in place to help keep children safe
- Providing assistance to ensure concrete needs of families are met, preventing the need to remove the child(ren) from the home due to lack of housing, food, transportation, clothing, etc.
- Safeguarding children during and after the provision of Family Preservation Services
- Providing counseling and case management services as needed
Our team includes family case managers and therapists who work collaboratively with families, DCS, and any other agencies/community resources to support families in the program. Our team is solely dedicated to Family Preservation so that we can focus on the families we serve. For further inquires about the program, to set up an informational meeting with your team, or to make a referral (KidTraks, use A.W. Holdings, LLC), please contact Megan Ryan, LMHC, Clinical Program Director, at [email protected] or (260) 414-7614 (call or text).