Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Location: Branchburg, NJ
Category: Nursing – Group Homes
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Join Benchmark Human Services and positively impact the lives of other people who are just like you! Benchmark is a national leader in providing programs to individuals with disabilities and mental illness. We are seeking a qualified and caring person to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Branchburg, NJ. This person would be responsible for assisting our developmentally disabled individuals in a group home setting.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
- Competitive wages
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- 401k with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off and sick time
- Referral bonuses.
AS NEEDED – pay rate is $28.75/hr
- Perform duties such as recording temperature, weight and blood pressure.
- Complete specialized individual care and treatment such as tube feedings, care of the feeding site, tracheostomy care as well as some injections.
- Provide assistance required by individuals to ensure adequate standards of health care administer medication, personal hygiene, proper nutrition, overall care, and participation of preferred activities.
- Assist individuals with doctor appointments and community activities as permitted.
- Chart residents care, treatment measures including documentation through an internal system.
- Function as a liaison and advocate for the individuals served when dealing with physicians.
- Consult with pharmacist and follow up as needed.
- Complete monthly paperwork of individuals served health care needs.
- Monitor the medical files of individuals served to ensure that all documentation is present and correct.
- Attend mandatory Nurses’ Meetings as assigned.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of individuals served.
- Will perform all duties necessary to meet state approved objectives, including the requirement that the employee cooperate with staff from the Department of Human Services (DHS), the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) in any inspection or investigation.
- Remain current in training offered by DDD (CPR/SFA) as well as those offered by Benchmark.
- Ensure the health, safety and respect of individuals served.
- Order medical supplies on a monthly basis for individuals served
**The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of skills and abilities requires to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.**
- Active New Jersey LPN license
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license and auto insurance
- Criminal background clearance
- Clearance through Central Registry of Offenders Against Individuals with Developmental Disabilities, N.J.A.C. 10:44D
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and/or mental illness.
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If interested apply on-line at www.BenchmarkHS.com/careers and send your resume to Anthony via email at [email protected]