Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Location: Augusta, GA
Category: Crisis Response Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Join Benchmark Human Services and positively impact the lives of other people! Benchmark is a national leader in providing services to individuals with disabilities and mental illness. If you’re looking for a rewarding job helping people with disabilities become more independent and involved in their community, then Benchmark is the place for you!
Benchmark is seeking Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN’s) to join our team in our crisis support homes for adults with Intellectual Developmental Disabilities (IDD) in Augusta, GA.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Life insurance and short-term disability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Various shifts
- Advancement opportunities
The LPN will serve as a member of the IDD Transitional Support Home team and is responsible for health and safety of individuals and to coordinate and provide their services. The Transitional Home is used as a measure of last resort for individuals in inpatient hospital facilities with no other community placement options. The goal is to stabilize the individual through nursing and behavioral supports while preparing for a permanent placement.
- Work with the treatment team to provide direct care to individuals residing in Transitional Home
based upon the individual treatment plan.
- Care includes providing medical treatments, administering medication and giving injections.
- Ensures that an inventory of medication is safely and securely maintained.
- Helps individuals with all activities of daily living.
- Ensures healthy meals and snacks are provided while following menu plans.
- Measures and records individual’s vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration, blood sugars etc.
- Documents and reports any changes in individual’s progress or conditions.
- Uses positive behavioral support strategies as described in behavior support plans.
- Assist with the implementation of high intensity services such as screening, evaluation and
assessment within the limits of their license.
- Facilitate individual transition to other supports and/or treatment.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff and individuals that we serve.
- Must report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation to supervisor or department head.
- Attend all scheduled training and staff meetings.
- Plan and participate directly in recreational, therapeutic, and training activities of the individuals.
- Valid unrestricted Georgia Nursing License
- Certification and ongoing training in crisis intervention curriculum.
- Valid CPR and First Aid Certification
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and/or mental illness who are in crisis.
- Knowledge of DBHDD community provider standards and policies
- Valid Driver’s License and auto insurance
- Minimum of year supervisory experience
- Must be computer literate
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.