Intensive Support Coordinator (ISC)
Location: Macon, GA
Category: Case Management
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Position Title: Intensive Support Coordinator (ISC)
If you’re looking for a rewarding job helping people with disabilities become more independent and involved in their community, Benchmark Human Services is seeking an Intensive Support Coordinator. We provide thorough training, great challenges, and even greater fulfillment as you help individuals reach their maximum potential.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
Description: Provide resources and support to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, their families and guardians in order for the individual to be included in society, live as independently as possible and function at their maximum potential.
- Very competitive salary
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Flexible schedule
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off and sick time
- Employee referral bonuses
- Potential annual bonus on top of salary.
- Follow all policies and procedures set forth by the company, Georgia Department of Community Health and Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) rules
- Perform evaluations and assessments to meet the needs of individuals served
- Assist individuals served with applying for financial assistance, residential planning, vocational, recreational and educational desires, healthcare, in home supports, day services, legal, nutrition, transportation, social and other related services and resources.
- Advocate for services that will support the individual’s success
- Maintain all case records
- Prepare, update and monitor Care Path Plans
- Provide support to individuals so they can participate in and direct the person centered plan development process
- Coordinate meetings with individual, families and guardians, and members of the interdisciplinary team as required
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with individual, families, guardians, state officials and team members
- Record work and billing time in accordance with company policies
- Track, monitor and enter specified data points
- Report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation immediately to supervisor or department head
- Bachelor degree in human services, social work, sociology, psychology
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Maintain auto insurance
- Minimum of 2 years working in a similar position
- Travel up to 75%
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Fundamental understanding of the state’s case management system
- Fundamental understanding of the state’s waiver programs
- Must be able to work collaboratively while meeting individual performance goals
- Must be able to verbally and non – verbally communicate with a broad audience of stakeholders
- Ability and skill to use technology tools in the daily performance of duties
- Understanding of HCBS rules, person-centered planning and other related best practice methods
Please apply online at BenchmarkHS.com and select the Careers tab
EEO and Affirmative Action Employer
Veterans, Women and Individuals with Disabilities encouraged to apply.