Day Services Activities Coordinator
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Category: Day Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Join Benchmark Human Services and positively impact the lives of other people. Benchmark is a national leader in providing services to individuals with disabilities and mental illness. Our Fort Wayne, IN office is seeking qualified and devoted leaders to serve as a Day Services Activities Coordinator in our Day Programs.
Performs all the functions of a Direct Support Professional and assists the Program Coordinator(s) and Assistant Director in supervising, supporting and training Direct Support Professionals. Provide training to clients in all identified areas and function as part of the interdisciplinary team. Must be willing to flex schedule according to client’s needs. Coordinates activities for Consumers being served within Day Program. Must be willing to flex schedule according to Day Program needs.
- Competitive wages
- Health and dental insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Various shifts and locations
- Advancement opportunities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helps plan and implement community interactive experiences and interest-based classes as specified in each client’s individual support plan (ISP).
- Completes documentation as required by state and federal regulations.
- Complies with behavior support policies and procedures and implements approved behavior support programs.
- Maintains certification in medication administration, CPR and First Aid.
- Attends departmental meetings.
- Attends all required training and provides HR with updated personal information as mandated.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation to supervisor or department head.
- Complies with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff and clients we serve.
- Complies with and implements all protocols for individuals including but not limited to: high risk plans, dining plans, seizure management plans, positioning schedules, etc.
- Reasonable suspicion of a crime against an ICF/MR resident must be reported to Indiana State Department of Health and Law Enforcement (Elder Justice Act).
- Report to work as scheduled.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to create and manage tasks performed by others
- Effective communication skills with staff, management, individuals and other internal and external stakeholders
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience working with children or adults with developmental disabilities preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers.
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.