Board Certified Behavior Analyst | Behavior Specialist
Location: Augusta, GA
Category: Crisis Response Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
If you’re looking for a rewarding job helping people with disabilities become more independent and involved in their community, then Benchmark is the place for you! We are seeking a Behavior Specialist or Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) to provide behavior supports to individuals and staff working in the Transition Crisis Support Program. We provide thorough training, great challenges, and even greater fulfillment as you help individuals reach their maximum potential. Very flexible schedule you will not find in clinic settings.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance and short term disability
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Advancement opportunities
- Serve as a member of the professional team for the crisis support homes.
- Ensure that all services are documented and meet all criteria for Medicaid waiver billing.
- Provide direct monitoring, assessment, intervention, and staff training.
- Maintain system for collecting objective data, program specific information, and quality outcome data.
- Complete functional assessment to develop and implement BSP. Modify as needed.
- Maintain effective communication with IDT, team clinician, and supervisor.
- Attend all agency, departmental, and individual specific meetings as directed.
- Attend individual psychiatric appointments and inpatient psychiatric discharge meetings.
- Conduct direct support staff training on implementation of individual behavioral support plans.
- Assist team clinician in case management functions and discharge planning.
- Must report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation to supervisor or department head.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
- Master’s degree in behavior analysis, psychology, education, social work or related field.
- Minimum of 35 hours of training and education in behavior analysis and behavior supports.
- At least two years’ experience with behavior supports evaluation and services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Certification and ongoing training in crisis intervention curriculum.
- Valid CPR and First Aid Certification
- Valid Driver’s License and auto insurance.
- Must be computer literate
- Must be experienced and competent in profession and maintain any applicable license, training and/or certifications.
- BCBA preferred, if not BCBA upon hire then must be actively pursuing certification.
Benchmark is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer. Veterans, Women and Individuals with Disabilities encouraged to apply.