Property and Lease Manager
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services has grown to become one of the most respected leaders in the country in the areas of intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and behavioral health. We work with people of all ages at home, at work, and in the community through residential programs, employment services, crisis response, day services and more.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
The Property and Lease Manager is responsible for managing the company’s owned and leased fleet of vehicles and group of properties. This includes oversight for contract negotiations and renewals, budgets, and maintenance of physical conditions of vehicles and properties.
- Competitive wages.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Life insurance.
- 401k plan with company match.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Employee discounts with various vendors.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Referral bonuses.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiates contracts and follows internal approval process
- Housing leases and purchasing contracts
- Property maintenance and repair contracts
- Vehicle leasing and purchasing contracts
- Vehicle maintenance and repair contracts
- Manage vehicle, building, and property expenses within budget
- Works with Accounting and Legal to create and maintain an authorized vendor list for homes and vehicles
- Works with insurance companies and internal partners to file and manage insurance claims
- Conducts property safety and condition reviews
- Manages vehicle maintenance records; ensures recommended maintenance schedules
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels within and outside of the organization
- Skill to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and make the most effective decision
- Knowledge of various real estate contracts
- Knowledge of building maintenance
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance
- Computer and asset management technology skills and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in fleet and / or property management
- Travel to various locations as deemed necessary.
Interested candidates should apply at http://Benchmarkhs.com/Careers
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.