Part-Time, Weekend Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Location: Hobart, IN
Category: Supported Living
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services is seeking people to work in the homes of individuals with disabilities and behavior health needs. Expect challenges, but even greater self-fulfillment when you’ve made a positive change in another person’s life. Experience isn’t required, you will receive paid training.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Various shifts and locations
- Advancement opportunities
- Protect and honor the rights of people with disabilities
- Assist person served personal care needs
- Assist individuals to explore and give back to their communities
- Develop a positive rapport while serving as a role model to create a safe and caring environment
- Teach meaningful activities that increase recreation, socialization and leisure skills
- Document data displaying the individual served goals and progression
- Work in a cohesive team environment to enhance the growth of individuals served
- Participate in on-going professional training
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds or more 1% – 33% of the time. Be able to stand and walk 67% – 100% of the time.
- Reliable transportation
- Valid auto insurance and driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers