Personal Care Attendant (PCA)
Location: Fort Wayne, IN, Hobart, IN
Category: HomePointe HealthCare
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Join HomePointe HealthCare today to make a difference!
HomePointe provides comprehensive nursing care to the most critical infants, children and young adults. We are currently hiring Personal Care Attendants/HHA’s/Caregivers to join our team and make a difference in the life of a child. Serving northern Indiana areas (Fort Wayne, Hobart, etc.)
Since 1960, Benchmark/ HomePointe has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark/ HomePointe believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Employee Discounts
- Referral Bonus
- Health, dental, vision & life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with Employer Match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time
Performs personal care activities with safe and appropriate techniques, that may include
but is not limited to:
◦ Basic infection prevention and control measures
◦ Bathing (bed bath, sponge, tub and shower)
◦ Hair shampooing (in sink, tub, and bed)
◦ Nail and skin care
◦ Oral hygiene
◦ Toileting and elimination
◦ Safe transfer techniques and ambulation
◦ Normal range of motion and positioning
◦ Adequate nutrition and fluid intake
◦ Recognizing and reporting changes in skin conditions, including pressure ulcers
- Communicates skills by demonstrating reading, writing, and verbally reporting clinical information on the client status and the care or services furnished to the client, representative (if any), caregivers, as well as other agency staff.
- Performs household services, including but not limited to:
◦ Meal preparation/feeding
◦ Light housekeeping
- Successful completion of a written skills test and competency Agency evaluation as required by state and federal requirements.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Prefer a minimum of six (6) months work experience in a supervised setting, preferably health care facility.
- CPR certified.
Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.