Licensed Clinical Staff (LCSW or LPC)
Category: Crisis Response Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Licensed Clinical Staff (LCSW, LPC) for Benchmark’s Blended Mobile Crisis Team
Join Benchmark Human Services and positively impact the lives of other people! Benchmark is a national leader in providing services to individuals with disabilities and mental illness. We work with people at home, at work, and in the community providing crisis response. If you’re looking for a rewarding job helping people with disabilities become more independent and involved in their community, then Benchmark is the place for you!
Benchmark is looking for a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) to join our team in providing crisis support services to individuals in our community who are experiencing a behavioral health crisis. We provide thorough training, great challenges, and even greater fulfillment as you help individuals reach their maximum potential.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Salaried position with no billable hours.
- Potential 5K annual bonus on top of salary.
- Health and dental insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Various shifts and locations
- Advancement opportunities
- Provide support to clients and staff working in the Mobile Crisis Support Program.
- Respond immediately when dispatched on crisis responses and be present to provide supervision to staff.
- Facilitate referrals quickly to prevent escalation of crisis.
- Follow up with individual’s IDT to ensure that they adhere to crisis-service-recommended support/services.
- Provide crisis follow-up services within 24 hours of crisis disposition
- Establish and maintain record keeping functions; integration with CIS system.
- Complete necessary documentation to facilitate reimbursement through primary funding sources.
- Develop and implement safety plans as appropriate.
- Report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation to supervisor or department head.
- Develop discharge plan detailing the discontinuation from crisis support services.
- Complete documentation as required by Benchmark Human Services and state and federal regulations.
- Must be a licensed LCSW or LPC
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Must be willing to flex schedule accordingly
- Must be experienced and competent in profession and maintain any applicable license, training, or and certifications.
If interested apply on-line at: www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers/OPEN POSITIONS/CRISIS RESPONSE SERVICE
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.