A Tribute to Benchmark Human Services and HomePointe HealthCare Nurses
Kim Galaviz RN, BSN, MPM Chief Nursing Officer
Happy Nurses Week 2023!
Nurses Week 2023 begins May 6 and continues through May 12, 2023. This particular week of recognition gives us an excellent opportunity to recognize the contributions of Benchmark and HomePointe HealthCare (HomePointe) nurses. Since 1994, the American Nurses Association has designated this week to honor nurses. Each year they choose a theme, and this year’s theme is You Make a Difference, to signify nurses varying roles in healthcare and the positive impact nurses have on people’s lives.
Please know we see and hear Benchmark and HomePointe nurses making a difference every day.
You Make a Difference By:
– Committing to healthcare oversight of the individuals we serve so they can thrive in their environment.
– Supporting and providing education to our most essential team members; direct support professionals, home health aides, and personal care attendants, as these roles carry huge responsibilities.
– Sharing and utilizing your clinical knowledge so the best decisions can be made for those we care for.
– Ensuring needs are met by working that extra shift or taking that phone call in the middle of the night.
– Safeguarding the most vulnerable population entrusted in our care.
– Advocating fiercely for those who are unable to advocate for themselves.
– Forming long-term meaningful relationships with individuals and families we serve.
– Bringing passion and dedication to the job each day.
For these reasons and so many more, on behalf of your team at Benchmark and HomePointe, we wish you a Happy Nurses Week! We celebrate you and are very grateful for your special role in this organization.