Weekend Direct Support Professional, DSP
Location: Richmond, IN
Category: Supported Living
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services has grown to become one of the most respected leaders in the country in the areas of intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and behavioral health. We work with people at home, at work, and in the community through residential, employment, crisis response, behavioral, recovery, children, and day services. Our Richmond, Indiana Program is recruiting for Direct Support Professionals.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
Now offering an enhanced sign on bonus of $1,000 for FT and $500 for PT DSPs working in our various IN programs for a limited time. Bonus will be paid in a lump sum, not installments. Also, offering an enhanced referral bonus during this time.
Part time weekend only position 8-32 hours a week!
- Ability to hang out, watch movies/sports, play video/board games with your client
- 1 on 1 personalized care
- Develop a mentorship/relationship with the client: go to sporting events and on van rides
- Become a person client’s trust and look-up to
- Competitive wages.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Life insurance.
- 401k plan with company match.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Employee discounts with various vendors.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Referral bonuses.
- Ensure the safety of individuals at home and in the community.
- Assist the individuals served with daily living skills including, but not limited to individual care, community safety, social skills, and household tasks such as meal preparation, cleaning, laundry, etc.
- Administer medications and follow physician’s’ orders concerning medications and treatments.
- Monitor the general well-being of the individual served and follow supervisor/nurse instructions, including all healthcare appointments.
- Provide information to supervisors regarding individuals served as applicable to each individual.
- Attend required trainings and meetings such as staff training, departmental trainings, and house meetings.
- Safely transport individuals served according to their physical or behavioral needs. Transportation maybe in a company or employee owned vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Reliable transportation.
Interested candidates should apply at http://Benchmarkhs.com/Careers
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.