Team Leader | Early Intervention
Location: Shelton, CT
Category: Early Intervention Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Join Benchmark’s Early Intervention Services as an Early Intervention Team Leader! We are involved in all aspects of care for the youngest among us– from overseeing regional programs to providing hands-on services through federal and state programs. Children’s Services help babies and toddlers with disabilities or delays learn new skills that typically develop during the first three years of life including physical, cognitive, social/emotional, and communication skills
The Early Intervention Team Leader will provide individual supervision, training, and support to direct service providers within a designated service area in support of best practices for early intervention. In addition, the Team Leader will carry a caseload providing services for families enrolled in Benchmark’s Birth to Three Program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all Federal and State regulations, including those outlined in the Connecticut Birth to Three Program Regulations.
- Develop rapport with children, families, and team members to promote a positive learning environment.
- Maintain consistent communication with team members and support staff in implementing best practices, following Birth to Three guidelines and procedures.
- Utilize coaching as a style of interaction and foster collaborative practices among team members.
- Foster harmonious working relationships with and amongst team members.
- Provide research-based strategies and literature to support families and team members.
- Assist in training new staff by offering opportunities for shadowing and scheduling observation opportunities with team members.
- Coordinate and facilitate twice-monthly team meetings.
- Produce team meeting agenda prior to each meeting, and track cases discussed.
- Disseminate information to team regarding policy updates and programmatic needs.
- Provide individual supervision on a regular basis to review cases, productivity, and support learning needs.
- Conduct observations of interventionists
- assist with reviewing IFSP and related documents for all new team members
- provide periodic review of existing team members to ensure quality practice.
- Collaborate with leadership team to complete Compliance initiatives and complete follow-up activities with team members.
- Conduct annual reviews of team members in collaboration with Assistant Directors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Possess excellent organization and time management skills with ability to prioritize needs
- Demonstrate flexibility
- Strong interpersonal skills including respect for others
- Ability to collaborate with team members and management, project positive leadership in line with program mission.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Connecticut’s Birth to Three early intervention program and best practices for early intervention service delivery.
- 1 or more years of management experience preferred.
- Possess proper credentials and/or licensure to work within Birth to Three early intervention.
- Experience working with children in early intervention, preferably Birth to Three.
- Must be a Connecticut Birth to Three Service Coordinator
- Demonstrate a commitment to Natural Learning Environment Practices and Primary Service Provider approach.
- Candidate must be trained in coaching as a style of interaction
- preference given to applicants who have met fidelity as a Family Coach.
- Valid Connecticut driver’s license.
FULL TIME BENEFITS:
- Competitive wages
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Health and dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Advancement opportunities
Sound interesting? Apply on-line today at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers. Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.