Industrial Operations Team Leader
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Category: Industrial Operations
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark is a national leader in providing programs to individuals with disabilities and behavioral health needs. The Fort Wayne office is seeking qualified and caring people to work as a Team Lead. This individual will be responsible for providing employment support and assistance in a work center environment to those with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Successful applicants will attend paid training to obtain required certifications.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
Monday – Friday (no weekends or holidays) 7:15am – 3:15pm.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Team Lead carries a caseload of approximately 10 individuals they are responsible for supporting each day
- Part of the Team Lead role centers around providing direct care and involves tasks such as:
- provide assistance, when needed, walking/escorting clients to and from the front of the building to their seat during arrival, departure and lunch
- assist clients in the restroom when needed
- provide supervision in the cafeteria during mealtimes to help ensure clients are safe
- working with clients on their client centered goals and tracking progress toward completion and documentation on each client
- The other part of the Team Lead role centers around Production including:
- overseeing production of a job
- helping train new clients and other employees on the production job
- teaching, coaching and thinking through different ways to train so the client better understands the job
- making sure the quality of the work being produced meets customer standards
- ensure orders are completed on time
- addressing any concerns relating to orders
- Supervise daily individual behavior and report findings.
- Oversee assigned production
- Supply assigned individuals with necessary work tools, supplies, and operator work instructions.
- Assign work tasks to individuals base on their skills and abilities driven by customer production needs.
- Instruct individuals/groups through modeling positive work behaviors, acceptable work performance, positive attitudes and work relationships, etc.
- Instruct individuals regarding use of hand tools, equipment, organization of work, safety, etc.
- Participate in regular production meetings held by work center management team.
- Competitive wages
- Health and dental insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Various shifts and locations
- Advancement opportunities
- No holidays or weekends required
- Overtime Available
- Team Environment
- Variety of work
- Teach skills and watch clients grow
- and more!
- Reliable transportation method to get to work
- Valid auto insurance and driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous history working in production/factory setting *preferred*
- Previous history working with adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities *preferred*
Looking for someone who:
- Is motivated
- Has a strong work ethic
- Takes pride in their work
- Has a passion for teaching
- Loves to watch people flourish
Benchmark Human Services is an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Veterans, women and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.