Speech Pathologist (SLP)
Location: Fairfax, VA
Category: Early Intervention Services
Sign-On Bonus: $5,000
Now offering a $5,000 sign on bonus!!
Benchmark Human Services, a national leader committed to providing quality services to individuals with disabilities, is hiring! We are involved in all aspects of care for the youngest among us– from overseeing regional programs to providing hands-on services through federal and state programs. Children’s Services help babies and toddlers with disabilities or delays learn new skills that typically develop during the first three years of life including physical, cognitive, social/emotional, and communication skills.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
We are actively seeking applicants for a variety of therapeutic positions including Speech Language Pathologists (SLP) to serve our Fairfax County location. Ideal candidates will be licensed in their chosen profession and will be eager to provide home-based early intervention therapy services to infants and toddlers who are at risk for developmental disabilities as part of the Birth to Three Program.
- Falls Church
This position addresses functional needs of the child in various developmental domains, particularly related to speech and language development. Work involves developmental screening/ assessment, speech therapy, and teaming with family members and other professionals working with the family.
- Competitive wages
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Advancement opportunities
- Referral Bonus *enhanced amount for a limited time*
- Develop joint plan with family and recommends strategies utilizing evidence based practices and following the Natural Learning Environment Practices Implements IFSP for enrolled families and recommends frequency of services based on child development status and family priorities and concerns
- Assessment of children’s developmental needs for individualized planning
- Provide families with information, skills and support related to enhancing their child’s development Includes direct activities with the child designed to enhance the child’s development in one or more domains, including: cognition, adaptive functions, social/emotional skills, physical development and communication adaption of the environment to meet child/family needs in play, language and communication development.
- Promote activities in the “natural setting” to enhance implementation of the IFSP
- SLP will complete necessary documentation to facilitate reimbursement through primary funding sources
- Attend mandatory in-service training sessions and monthly team meetings
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff and clients we serve
- Comply with all Federal and State regulations
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid SLP License in the State of VA
- Certified with American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Knowledgeable of infant and toddler development
- Prefer some experience working with birth to 3 population