Location: Douglas, GA
Category: Nursing – Crisis Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
If you’re looking for a rewarding job helping people with disabilities become more independent and involved in their community, Benchmark Human Services is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN). We provide thorough training, great challenges, and even greater fulfillment as you help individuals reach their maximum potential. Flexible schedule you will not find in clinic settings.
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Advancement opportunities
Supervise health services for the department by providing staff training and direct intervention to meet the health care needs of the individuals in the crisis homes.
The individual in this role will serve as a member of the Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Crisis Support Home team and serve as the RN who is responsible for clinical staff oversight, health and safety of individuals in the Crisis Support Home and coordinate and provide services to those receiving Crisis Support Home services. The focus of this program is to provide time-limited crisis services that support individuals with developmental disabilities in the community. The IDD Crisis Home is used as a measure of last resort for individuals undergoing an acute crisis that presents a substantial risk of imminent harm to self or others. The goal is to stabilize the individual through nursing and behavioral supports, on a time-limited basis. The role of the RN is to manage and clinically direct the medical activities of the 24-hour IDD Crisis Home under the direct supervision of the Regional Director. The RN must also accept the responsibilities as a member of the health care team; function within the limits of their license and educational preparation, as well as function effectively with other members of the health care team. The RN will utilize the nursing process to promote and maintain health, prevent disease and other potential disabilities in order for the individual to obtain optimal health. Must be willing to flex schedule according to provide services, supports, care and treatment to individuals as required and be present to provide supervision to staff. Must be experienced and competent in profession and maintain any applicable license, training, or and certifications.
- Valid unrestricted Georgia Registered Nursing License to practice nursing in the state of GA
- Associate degree required
- Certification and ongoing training in crisis intervention curriculum.
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and/or mental illness who are in crisis.
- Valid State Nursing License and Driver’s License and auto insurance.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience
- Must be computer literate.