Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) | AL ACCESS
Location: Huntsville, AL
Category: Crisis Response Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
If you’re looking for a rewarding job helping people with disabilities become more independent and involved in their community, Benchmark Human Services is seeking a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) for Alabama ACCESS (Advancing Crisis Care and Enhancing Support System). We provide thorough training, great challenges, and even greater fulfillment as you help individuals reach their maximum potential.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
As a member of the Alabama ACCESS team with Benchmark Human Services, the RBT is a paraprofessional who practices under the close, ongoing supervision of a BCBA or BCaBA (“designated RBT supervisor”). The RBT is primarily responsible for coaching and training on skill-acquisition and behavior-reduction plans with agency staff, such as Direct Support Professionals (DSPs). The RBT will help providers build capacity by training DSPs on data collection, assessments, and monitoring of Behavior Support Plans or other interventions as needed.
- Very competitive salary
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Life Insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off and sick time
- Employee referral bonuses
- Potential annual bonus on top of salary
- Provide face-to-face or virtual coaching and training with DSP staff of participating IDD/BH providers.
- Assist agency staff with development, implementation, and monitoring of Behavior Support Plans (BSP), including coaching on data collection and fidelity checks.
- Work with DSPs and their supervisors to ensure all materials/supplies needed for implementation of behavior plans are available.
- Present graphical summary of effectiveness of BSP to other DSPs at staff or consultation meetings.
- Model positive behavioral supports and respond to emergency situations as trained.
- Complete Functional Behavioral Assessment Interviews and/or Observations, as assigned by BCBA or Director.
- Participate during provider wraparound or consultation meetings by reporting assessment results and offering rationale for best practice recommendations in areas of expertise.
- Complete all documentation as expected in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with, and regularly update Director and other team members on individual and provider support activities.
- Attend all agency, departmental, and client-specific meetings as directed.
- Report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation to supervisor or department head.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health, safety, and confidentiality of all individuals.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferable.
- One year of experience working with persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- If not currently certified as an RBT, complete a 40-hour training program (conducted by Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) certificant).
- Pass the RBT Competency Assessment administered by a BACB certificant.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- CPR/Basic First aid and Mandt with on-going recertification.
- One year of work related coaching and training experience
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge and skill to use computer.
- Ability and skills to train others.
If interested apply on-line at: www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers/OPEN POSITIONS – Alabama | Or contact me at [email protected]
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.