Location: Little Rock, AR
Category: Crisis Response Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in serving individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) come join Benchmark Human Services, a national leader in behavioral health and IDD services! Benchmark is seeking a Referral Coordinator for our community-based crisis response project located in Little Rock, Arkansas. We provide thorough training, great challenges, and even greater fulfillment as you help individuals reach their maximum potential.
The Referral Coordinator will assist the Team Lead in supporting providers of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities/Behavioral Health (IDD/BH) services in Summit Community Care’s provider network. The Referral Coordinator will assist the Team Leads with managing all referrals received for individuals whose behavior might result in emergency department evaluation, admission to hospital, involvement with law enforcement, harm to themselves or others, or places them at risk for loss of residential/home placement. .
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete psychosocial intakes of all new referrals and communicate acuity to Team Lead and others on the crisis support team.
- Monitor timely completion of referral process and assist with scheduling provider wraparound meetings.
- Facilitate provider wraparound meetings as assigned by Team Lead or Director.
- Provide programmatic, best-practice recommendations to participating providers and Summit.
- Assist providers with implementation of best-practice protocols through consultation, training, and client support.
- Provide regular updates to Team Lead, Director and other members of capacity-building crisis support team.
- Respond to all referrals in a timely manner.
- Establish professional relationships and collaborate with project stakeholders.
- Assist with providing training curriculums on person-centered supports, trauma-informed care, and best practice crisis supports for individuals with IDD or other topics as needed.
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Advancement opportunities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Arkansas Department of Human Services (DHS), Developmental Disabilities Services (DDS), and Division of Aging, Adult, and Behavioral Health Services (DAABHS) regulations and standards;
- Knowledge of Provider-led Arkansas Shared Savings Entities (PASSE);
- Knowledge of health care privacy and confidentiality rules;
- Knowledge of Person-centered care and support for individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities and/or co-existing mental health diagnoses.
- Ability to monitor and train staff in provision of person centered supports and services, including crisis de-escalation, crisis response, and trauma informed services;
- Ability to work with other stakeholders (including law enforcement, the courts, and healthcare institutions) to help ensure that needed supports, services and resources are in place;
- Ability to facilitate a positive atmosphere promoting holistic health, wellness and team cooperation;
- Ability to use accepted best practice strategies to de-escalate individuals experiencing acute crisis and/or interpersonal conflict.
EXPECTATIONS REGARDING QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF WORK:
- Respond to individuals with IDD in crisis and staff concerns in a timely manner;
- Complete summary of clinical interventions and services on a regular basis;
- Complete and upload progress reports and assessments within the required time frame.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance;
- Master’s degree in a social services or behavioral health field such as Applied Behavior Analysis, Counseling, Social Work, Special Education, etc;
- CPR/Basic First aid and a crisis intervention method with on-going recertification;
- Experience providing behavioral supports and/or case management services to individuals with IDD and/or Behavioral Heath diagnoses;
- Must be computer literate.
- Meet criteria to maintain certification/license;
- Have experience working with individuals who have IDD and behavioral health diagnoses and are experiencing a crisis situation;
- Working knowledge of the Arkansas DHS/DDS/DAABHS service system.
If interested, please complete on-line application: www.BenchmarkHS/Careers
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.