Licensed Recreational Therapist
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Category: Camp Red Cedar
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
Provide therapeutic intervention to individuals served in a facility, community or home-based setting.
- Health and dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Profit Sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Advancement opportunities
- Maintain billable criteria.
- Provide education to caregivers
- Maintain CPR/First Aid Certification
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of clients we serve.
- Must report any suspected abuse, neglect, or exploitation to supervisor or department head.
- Implement community based, age appropriate, recreational activities
- Completes documentation as required by state and federal regulations
- Collect data to document progress of prioritized objectives for each client
- Develop and implement recreation therapy strategies based on target objectives and goals
- Complies with and implements all protocols for individuals including but not limited to: high risk plans, dining plans, seizure management plans, positioning schedules, etc.
- Participate in Individual Support Plan or Person Centered Plan for client served
- Attend departmental meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field
- Maintain CTRS Certification
- Valid driver’s license
Benchmark Human Services is an EEO/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.