Qualified Behavioral Health Provider (QBHP)
Location: Little Rock, AR
Category: Crisis Response Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in serving individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) come join Benchmark Human Services, a national leader in behavioral health and IDD services! Benchmark is seeking a Qualified Behavioral Health Provider (QBHP) for our community-based crisis response project located in Little Rock, Arkansas. We provide thorough training, great challenges, and even greater fulfillment as you help individuals reach their maximum potential.
The QBHP will assist providers of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities/Behavioral Health (IDD/BH) services in Summit Community Care’s provider network who support persons with IDD in crisis and at high risk of disruptions in placement. As a member of the Provider Focus capacity building and crisis support team with Benchmark Human Services, the QBHP is a paraprofessional who practices under the close, ongoing supervision of a Licensed Mental Health Professional (“designated QBHP supervisor”). The QBHP is primarily responsible for coaching and training on skill-acquisition and behavior-reduction plans with agency staff, such as Direct Support Professionals (DSPs).
- PTO and Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Advancement Opportunities
- And MORE!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide face-to-face or virtual coaching and training with DSP staff of participating IDD/BH providers.
- Assist agency staff with development, implementation, and monitoring of Clinical Treatment Plans (or equivalent behavior support plan) including coaching on skill development, data collection, and fidelity checks.
- Work with DSPs and their supervisors to ensure all materials/supplies needed for implementation of treatment plans are available.
- Present graphical summary of effectiveness of Treatment to other DSPs at staff or consultation meetings.
- Model positive behavioral supports and respond to emergency situations as trained.
- Assist with Functional Behavior Assessment or other clinical assessment as assigned by the clinical supervisor.
- Participate during provider wraparound or consultation meetings by reporting assessment results and offering rationale for best practice recommendations in areas of expertise.
- Provide crisis de-escalation support to teams as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge and skill to use computer.
- Ability and skills to train others.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services preferred (social work, psychology, special education, or related field)
- Successfully complete a criminal background registry check at time of application
- 1 year experience working in mental/behavioral health preferred
- Experience working with persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- If not currently certified as a QBHP, complete QBHP certification as required by the state of Arkansas.
- Pass any QBHP competency assessments required by the state and clinical supervisor.
- Pay QBHP application fee and renewal fees.
If interested, please complete on-line application: www.BenchmarkHS/Careers
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.