Qualified Behavioral Health Professional | Mobile Crisis
Location: Angola, IN
Category: Crisis Response Services
Wage: Annual Salary: $62,000
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services (Benchmark) and Anthony Wayne Rehabilitation Center (AWRC) have partnered to offer a new and innovative behavioral health mobile crisis service in Northeast Indiana. Benchmark and AWRC have provided services to individuals with disabilities since 1960 and are excited to provide this new service to DeKalb, Lagrange and Steuben Counties. Behavioral health professionals seeking a career with a well-established provider that offers great benefits, compensation, career advancement, and opportunities to improve the lives of people in their community are encouraged to apply.
- Act as the onsite crisis team leader.
- Provide clinical crisis services to individuals in crisis.
- Provide overall clinical supports to consumers and staff working in Indiana AWRC Crisis Response Services.
- Must be willing to flex schedule accordingly to provide services, supports, care and treatment to individuals as required
- Respond immediately when dispatched on crisis responses and be present to provide supervision to staff.
- Must be experienced and competent in profession and maintain all applicable licenses, training, and/or certifications.
- Supervise Other Behavioral Health Para-Professionals and Certified Peer Specialists.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete crisis assessments, including child and adolescent addendum and Columbia Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS)
- Answer 100% of crisis dispatches, and respond face-to-face to all crisis calls within and average of 60 minutes
- Assess for safety of individuals in crisis
- Develop crisis safety plans and assist in facilitating linkage to the appropriate level of care
- Facilitate referrals quickly to prevent escalation of crisis
- Ensure customer service satisfaction surveys are given to consumers of crisis services
- Complete necessary documentation, in accordance with policies/procedures, to meet all regulatory requirements and facilitate reimbursement through primary funding sources
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
- Provide crisis follow-up services within 24 hours of crisis for youth served
- Follow up with individual’s provider, as appropriate to ensure he/she adheres to crisis-service-recommended support/services
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k w/ company match
- PTO + Sick Time
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- and MORE!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of standards and organization policies and procedures
- Knowledge of health care privacy and confidentiality rules
- Knowledge of standard health care business practices
- Must possess & demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Skillful in use of electronic medical records systems, computers & general office equipment
- Skillful in working with people from diverse educational and cultural backgrounds
- Skillful in interpersonal communication needed to advocate for individuals, communicate with family members, healthcare professionals, support coordinators and others.
- Ability to oversee the services, supports, care and treatment provided to individuals
- Ability to direct, monitor, assesses, and train staff
- Ability to conduct comprehensive functional assessments;
- Ability to facilitate a positive atmosphere promoting holistic health, wellness and team cooperation;
- LMSW, LAPC, LAMFT, CACII or higher substance abuse certification, or RN
- Certification and ongoing training in crisis intervention curriculum (MANDT).
- Valid CPR and First Aid Certification
- Valid Driver’s License and auto insurance
- Must be experienced and competent in profession and maintain any applicable license, training and/or certifications
- Experience working with individuals with mental illness, emotional disorders, and substance-related disorders who are experiencing emotional or behavioral crisis.
Two years of post-graduation experience responding to a mental health, substance use, and/or suicide-related crisis, providing supervision during crisis responses.
If interested please apply at: http://www.BenchmarkHS.com. Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.