Physical Therapist, PT
Location: Fairfax, VA
Category: Early Intervention Services
Sign-On Bonus: $5,000
Now offering a $5,000 sign on bonus!!
Join Benchmark Human Services as a Physical Therapist (PT)! Benchmark is involved in all aspects of care for the youngest among us—from overseeing regional programs to providing hands-on services through federal and state programs. Children’s Services help babies and toddlers with disabilities or delays learn new skills that typically develop during the first three years of life including physical, cognitive, social/emotional, and communication skills.
Locations in the Fairfax County area include: Springfield, Alexandria, Annandale
Our PT’s conducts evaluations and assessments, participate in Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) development and implementation, monitor outcomes as a member of the team, and provide EI supports to families for the benefit of the child. This could be a part-time or full-time position to address functional needs of the child in various developmental domains, particularly related to adaptive development, behavior and play, and sensory, motor and postural development.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid life insurance
- Voluntary benefits
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Various shifts and locations
- Advancement opportunities
- Referral Bonus *enhanced amount for a limited time*
- Develops joint plan with family and recommends strategies utilizing evidence based practices and following the Natural Learning Environment Practices
- Assessment of children’s developmental needs for individualized planning
- Provide families with information, skills and support related to enhancing their child’s development
- Include direct activities with the child designed to enhance the child’s development in one or more domains, including: cognition, adaptive functions, social/emotional skills, physical development and communication
- Adaption of the environment to meet child/family needs in play, physical and gross motor development
- Promote activities in the “natural setting” to enhance implementation of the IFSP
- Complete necessary documentation to facilitate reimbursement through primary funding sources
- Attends mandatory in-service training sessions and monthly team meetings
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff and clients we serve
- Comply with all Federal and State regulations, including those outlined in the Commonwealth of Virginia Notice of Child and Family Rights and Safeguards.
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License
- Meets degree requirements and criteria for Physical Therapist (PT) as outlined in the Virginia Early Intervention Practice Manual
- Licensed as Physical Therapist by the Virginia Board of Health Professions
- Knowledgeable of infant/toddler development
If interested apply on-line at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers.
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.