Physical Therapist Assistant
Location: Bridgeport, CT, Danbury, CT, Meriden, CT, New Haven, CT, Wallingford, CT, Waterbury, CT, Connecticut
Category: Early Intervention Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Join Benchmark Human Services as a Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Benchmark is involved in all aspects of care for the youngest among us—from overseeing regional programs to providing hands-on services through federal and state programs. Children’s Services help babies and toddlers with disabilities or delays learn new skills that typically develop during the first three years of life including physical, cognitive, social/emotional, and communication skills.
Participates in Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) development and implementation, monitors outcomes as member of team, and provides direct supports to children and families. Under regular supervision by professionally licensed Physical Therapist, may function
Positions available in the: Greater Bridgeport, Greater Danbury, Greater Waterbury, Greater New Haven, Meriden and Wallingford areas.
- Comprehensive benefits packages
- PTO + Sick Time
- 401k w/ company match
- Referral Bonuses
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- and more!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all Federal and State regulations, including those outlined in the Connecticut Birth to Three Program Regulations.
- Develop rapport with children, families, and team members to promote a healthy learning environment.
- Develop joint plan with family and recommend strategies utilizing evidence-based practices and following the Natural Learning Environment Practices.
- Implement IFSP for enrolled families and recommend frequency of services based on child development status and family priorities and concerns.
- Provide families with information, skills and support related to enhancing their child’s development.
- Utilize the coaching model and natural environment teaching.
- Participate in Birth to Three sponsored trainings, meetings and learning opportunities as appropriate.
- Complete Birth to Three Service Coordinator Modules and function as the Service Coordinator as needed.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff and individuals we serve.
- Associate Degree from an approved Physical Therapy Assistant program.
- Licensed by the Department of Public Health.
- Valid Connecticut driver’s license
- Confident in adapting to various learning styles to meet the needs of each child and their individualized treatment plan
- One year of experience working with children in early intervention required
- Demonstrates a commitment to Natural Learning Environment Practices
- Bilingual Spanish encouraged
If interested, please apply at: www.BenchmarkHS.com
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.