Location: Gainesville, GA
Category: Crisis Response Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services has grown to become one of the most respected organizations in the country in the areas of intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and behavioral health. Our Georgia Crisis program is recruiting for a Paraprofessional.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
Description: The Paraprofessional will provide crisis support services to individuals who are experiencing a behavioral health crisis or are in a situation likely to turn into a behavior health crisis if supportive services are not provided. Expect thorough training, great challenges, and even greater fulfillment as you help individuals reach their maximum potential.
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Advancement opportunities
- Provide crisis support services to individuals who are experiencing a behavioral health crisis or are in a situation likely to turn into a behavior health crisis if supportive services are not provided.
- Comply with all standards to ensure the health, safety and respect of consumers we serve
- Act as a member of the blended mobile crisis as scheduled and needed
- Provide crisis follow-up services within 24 hours of crisis disposition
- Complete face-to-face follow-up with individuals, as assigned, after crisis response
- Ensure individuals are linked with appropriate follow-up psychiatric, social, and or medical services prior to final follow-up
- Complete documentation as required by Benchmark Human Services and state and federal regulations
- Assist in the completion of safety plans, as directed by the clinician
- Attend community partner meetings in the region, and provides education regarding blended mobile crisis.
- Attend all scheduled training and staff meetings
- Assist with crisis response as required, including face-to-face response within an average of 60 minutes
- Complete all necessary documentation in accordance with applicable policies and procedures
- Driver’s license
- Dependable transportation + vehicle insurance
- High school diploma/GED
- Some college preferred
- Experience working with individuals with mental illness, emotional disorders, and substance-related disorders who are experiencing emotional or behavioral crisis (5 years preferred)
- Must be willing to flex schedule according to the needs of the individual and blended mobile crisis.
- Thorough background history will be completed.
If interested, please complete on-line application: www.BenchmarkHS/Careers
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.