Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services is a national provider of services to people with disabilities for over sixty years. Our Fort Wayne, IN office is looking for a full-time Legal Assistant to provide administrative, research and general support to corporate counsel. Experience is preferred but not required. This full-time position will work from Benchmark Corporate office on Bluff ton Road.
Provide administrative, research and general support to corporate counsel
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative and legal research assistance to corporate counsel.
- Draft correspondence.
- Draft simple and complex legal documents.
- Follow-up on contracts with governmental and private entities.
- Assist in preparing cases for all phases of litigation.
- Prepare and submit applications for various local and state licensing.
- Provide logistical assistance as needed (i.e. calendaring, filing, etc.)
- Organize in execution and internal and external tracking of contracts.
- Research employment issues and assist in preparation of EEOC and other agency/court submissions.
- Act as liaison with internal departments and personnel.
- Accurately and timely maintain projects, noting significant developments or communications as needed.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
- Competitive wages
- Health dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid life insurance
- Voluntary benefits
- Discount Program
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Advancement opportunities
- Profit Sharing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Attention to detail, organization and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of standard office technology and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong time management skills
- Possess a 2 or 4 year paralegal degree from an accredited institution or equivalent education/experience.
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience as a paralegal preferred.
- Transactional or litigation experience preferred.
- Transcript and three professional references required.
If interested, please apply online: wwwbenchmarkhs.com/careers or email resumes to [email protected] Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.