Occupational Therapist (OT)
Location: Fairfax, VA
Category: Early Intervention Services
Sign-On Bonus: $5,000
Now offering a $5,000 sign on bonus!!
Join Benchmark Human Services as an Occupational Therapist (OT)! Benchmark is involved in all aspects of care for the youngest among us—from overseeing regional programs to providing hands-on services through federal and state programs. Children’s Services help babies and toddlers with disabilities or delays learn new skills that typically develop during the first three years of life including physical, cognitive, social/emotional, and communication skills.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
Our OT‘s conducts evaluations and assessments, participate in Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) development and implementation, monitor outcomes as a member of the team, and provide EI supports to families for the benefit of the child. This could be a part-time or full-time position to address functional needs of the child in various developmental domains, particularly related to adaptive development, behavior and play, and sensory, motor and postural development. Cities include: Centreville, Lorton, Fort Belvoir, Fairfax
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid life insurance
- Voluntary benefits
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Various shifts and locations
- Advancement opportunities
- Part- Time benefits offered as well
- Referral bonus *enhanced amount for a limited time*
- Prevent or minimize the impact of initial or future impairment, delay in development, or loss of functional ability.
- Adaption of the environment to meet child/family needs in play, self-help and behavior development.
- Evaluation of planning and implementation of a therapy program of purposeful activities which are rehabilitative, active or restorative.
- Training and support of family members in the implementation of the IFSP and environmental consultation as set forth.
- Complete necessary documentation to facilitate reimbursement through primary funding sources. (i.e., Medicaid, First Steps, etc.)
- Promotes activities in the natural environment to enhance implementation of IFSP.
- Comply with First Steps Provider Agreement with regards to continuing education, etc.
- Report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation immediately to supervisor or department head.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Registered with American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Certified by Medical Licensing Board.
- Meets criteria for First Steps Provider Enrollment