Location: Edwards Air Force Base, CA
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Tandem, an ISO 9001:2015 certified mail facility, offers full-service mail and fulfillment, first-class presort, and third-class mail processing. We employ people with disabilities, giving them the opportunity to develop job skills while earning a paycheck. Tandem has several major contracts through SourceAmerica, a national agency charged with developing employment opportunities for people with disabilities. If you are looking for an open environment in which you can grow as part of the mail service industry, we want to meet you!
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
The Edwards AFB is currently recruiting for several Mailroom Associates.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 1st shift
Pay :$17.88 including a Health and Wellness hourly stipend. PTO and Sick Time offered.
Participates in the daily processing of first-class and standard mail, and packages from USPS, FedEx, and UPS.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Sort and conduct initial security screening of incoming mail.
- Provide daily mail delivery to established locations on base according to schedule.
- Maintain tracking logs to assist in monitoring the base’s accountable mail.
- Help organizations prepare and mail official outgoing mail, including applying postage.
- Sign out packages to dormitory residents at customer window.
- Follow all rules and regulations in accordance with AFB.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possesses a high degree of honesty and be trustworthy.
- Ability to work well with others and support the team efforts.
- Ability to serve customers with a professional and polite attitude.
- Must present themselves daily in a professional manner and appearance.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- High school diploma/GED
- Never convicted of crimes involving theft.
- Never removed for cause from work in a postal, mail, or other communications activity.
- Must have a valid Secret Security Clearance to handle official mail, or a favorable Entrance National Agency Check (ENTNAC) or National Agency Check (NAC) on file for PSC mail.
(In August 2022, the company names “Post Masters, Blue Octopus Printing, and DOMA Document Solutions,” providing print, mail, and digital solutions to customers were rebranded as Tandem Solutions, or Tandem for short. These three entities, housed under AWRC, Benchmark Human Services’ not-for-profit sister company, look forward to partnering with customers and new team members under this new identity moving forward. To be clear, nothing has changed except the brand name. The work remains the same, the management and ownership remain the same, and most importantly, the team and mission remain the same.)
Tandem is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers.