Job Coach | Part-Time
Location: Marion, IN
Category: Employment Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services is looking for flexible, part-time people to mentor and support individuals with disabilities in a job setting. Job Coaches specialize in assisting individuals with disabilities to learn and accurately carry out job duties in many types of job settings including, retail, offices, restaurants and assembly. Job coaches provide one-on-one training tailored to the needs of the person receiving services until they are completely self-sufficient and able to perform job duties accurately and effectively without assistance.
This position offers 20 hours per week Monday through Friday and on the weekends. Daytime availability during the week is a must.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
- Develop and implement effective coaching strategies to help person served overcome employment-related challenges
- Identifying person served strengths and advise them on how to use those strengths to secure employment or excel in their chosen career path
- Build relationships with community employers
- Provide transportation as necessary
- Teach appropriate work behaviors and interpersonal skills
- Daytime availability required
- Counties of coverage: Grant, Huntington, Wabash Counties
- High school diploma required
- Must have 3 years of continued and verifiable employment within 2 years of submitting an application
- Experience with people with disabilities preferred
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.