IT Systems Administrator
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
Join Benchmark Human Services today as an IT Systems Administrator in our Fort Wayne, IN office. If you’re looking for a rewarding job helping people with disabilities become more independent and involved in their community, then Benchmark Human Services is the place for you! We provide thorough training, great challenges, and even greater fulfillment as you help individuals reach their maximum potential.
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining computer systems and equipment. These responsibilities specifically include system administration of servers, setup and maintenance of all personal computers, data communication equipment, peripheral equipment and assisting in computer system design and implementation. Serve as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. Setup and training of new users, and the ongoing training of existing users in desktop operating systems, office productivity software, and data communication software.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k Plan with company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off/Sick time
- Access Perks discount program
- Voluntary benefits including disability and short-term disability
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- System administration of all servers – requires operating system upgrades, installation, and maintenance of performance and security software, backup software, email system, fax system, intranet.
- Identify methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of service to internal customers.
- Maintain daily, weekly, monthly and special period backups for all servers.
- Setup and install new hardware, which includes personal computers, laptop computers, printers and print servers, data communications equipment, and various peripherals.
- Maintain existing hardware -requires maintenance of desktop computers, laptop computers, printers, drives, filters and data communication equipment, trouble-shoot and repair hardware failures when possible.
- Perform troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Maintain software-requires routine maintenance such as installing software updates that include new features, functions and bug fixes for the desktop operating system and general productivity software.
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Assist in the design, implementation and modification of the entire IT infrastructure.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels throughout the organization
- Ability to effectively create written training materials
- Project management knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of Citrix and Sophos a plus
- Valid Indiana Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer technology, information technology, or related field
- Two years experience as computer technician
If interested, please apply at: www.BenchmarkHS.com
Benchmark Human Services/AWS is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.