Industrial Production Assistant
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Category: Industrial Operations
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Under the supervision of the Production Manager, the Production Assistant will perform material handling duties in support of the production operators. In addition, the supervisor may assign specific quality control/inspection duties relating to the industrial services being performed. The position may also assist with production operations in order to stabilize production flow sources. The Production Assistant will assist the Production Manager or Training Supervisors in the development of fixtures to assist in production operations.
- Competitive wages
- Health and dental insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Various shifts and locations
- Advancement opportunities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help maintain good production flow through the workshop to meet customer requirements on a timely basis
- Operate forklift to move materials and load trucks.
- Perform material handling duties to include but not limit to:
- Wrapping of pallets
Packaging of finished goods
Labeling of cases/pallets
Inventory of materials and finished goods
- Reorganizing materials for production
- Work with Training Supervisors in job set-ups and client training as needed.
- Assist Production Manager/Training Supervisor staff in the development of fixtures for uses on the production floor.
- Organize and maintain a housekeeping program on the production floor (raw materials, work in process and finished goods).
- Maintain and respond to a general awareness of safety in the work area.
- Assist with client service needs as requested.
- Reasonable suspicion of a crime against an ICF/MR resident must be reported to Indiana State Department of Health and Law Enforcement (Elder Justice Act).
- Report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation immediately to supervisor or department head.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
- Report to work as scheduled.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision (“self starter”).
- Must be able to perform inventory counting and recording.
- Forklift Certification or ability to attain such.
- Must be familiar with hand tools.
- General understanding of basic maintenance tasks.
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers