Human Resources Generalist
Location: Dayton, OH
Wage: Annual Salary: $40,000-44,000
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services has served people for 60 years to live their best life. Through residential and recreational programs our employees understand the importance of helping others reach their maximum potential.
Benchmark is looking for a dynamic, high energy, on-site HR Generalist. This position requires a positive person, who demonstrates strong leadership skills. This position will travel and support both the Cincinnati, OH and Columbus, OH offices.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, and professional licensure.
- Provide on-boarding management of both offices.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt in fast-past environments.
- Facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Provide strong decision making skills.
- Bachelors degree in human resources or related field is preferred
- Human Service background preferred
- Basic understanding of Labor Law
- Knowledge of HR functions and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets deadlines
- Superb computer literacy with capability in email, and MS Office
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers.
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.