Employment Support Peer Specialist
Location: Richmond, IN
Category: Employment Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services has grown to become one of the most respected leaders in the country in the areas of intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and behavioral health. We work with people of all ages at home, at work, and in the community through residential programs, employment services, crisis response, day services and more.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
Employment Peer Support Specialist will draw upon their unique personal experiences to discuss barriers and supports, dispel myths and misconceptions, and promote Community Integrated Employment.
- Must have experience working in 14C setting
- Must currently be working in a community integrated setting/competitive integrated employment
- Competitive wages
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Various shifts and locations
- Advancement opportunities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with individuals or groups working in a 14c environment to explain the benefits of community integrated employment
- Complete documentation as required by Benchmark Human Services, AWRC, and state and federal regulations.
- Attend all scheduled training.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
- Report to work as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively communicate to individual or groups
- Ability to use technology to attend training and meetings
- Complete company specific onboarding training
- Complete individual specific training
- Knowledge of sub-minimum wage employment requirements
Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.