Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Category: Employment Services
Wage: Annual Salary: $35,600
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
At Benchmark, we believe that work gives life structure and meaning while fostering dignity and self-esteem. From job seeking and training to continued support, Benchmark helps individuals find employment that provides income, builds enrichment, and supports community. We strive to ensure that every client/employer match we make is a successful one.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
Join our team as a Full-Time Employment Consultant and help make a difference.
Develop and implement individualized plans to assist people with disabilities in finding and maintaining employment positions in the community.
This is a Full-Time position. Employment Consultant will cover the Fort Wayne area.
- Competitive wages
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Health, dental and vison insurance
- Life Insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Various shifts and locations
- Employee Referral pay
- Advancement opportunities
- Quarterly Incentives
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine necessary information regarding referred individuals for employment services to develop a strategy to implement the goal of community-based employment through in person and remote communication
- Build relationships, research and retain information related to what businesses in the community need related to hiring and maintaining employees
- Match employer expectations and needs to the abilities and strengths of underemployed or unemployed individuals with disabilities.
- Assist client in interview preparation and transportation.
- Communicate and meet with referring entities in regard to planning, client evaluation, and job placement efforts
- Supervise job coaches as they assist with client-specific job shadowing, assessments, job development and/or training.
- Attendance for work per requirements of program, Benchmark, and client specific needs.
- Must maintain good attendance throughout employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Recruit, mentor, train, and review staff such as new Employment Consultants and job coaches.
- Three (3) years experience in business world in management or supervisory role.
- College degree and/or some experience preferred with people with disabilities preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
If interested, please apply online: wwwbenchmarkhs.com/careers
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.