Direct Support Professional, DSP
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Category: Day Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Join Benchmark Human Services and positively impact the lives of other people who are just like you! Benchmark is a national leader in providing programs to individuals with disabilities and mental illness. The South Bend office is seeking qualified and caring people to work as a Direct Support Professional (DSP, CNA, caregiver, home health aide) for our Day Service Program. Successful applicants will attend paid training to obtain required certifications. No experience is necessary, learn on-the-job.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
This position is M-F 8:00am to 4:00pm! No Weekends or Holidays
- Protect and honor the rights of people with disabilities
- Ensuring a safe and clean home for people served
- Develop a positive rapport while serving as a role model to create a safe and caring environment
- Teach skills to individuals served that increase independence such as eating, cooking, and bathing
- Document data displaying the individual served goals and progression
- Assist in finding and participating in meaningful community activities
- Work independent or with co-workers to enhance the growth of individuals served
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds or more 1% – 33% of the time. Be able to stand and walk 67% – 100% of the time.
- Participate in on-going professional training
- Competitive wages
- Health and dental insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid life insurance
- Voluntary benefits
- Discount Program
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Various shifts and locations
- Advancement opportunities
- Flexible hours (part-time, full time, weekends)
- Reliable transportation
- Valid auto insurance and driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers