Direct Support Professional
Location: Hanover, IN, Madison, IN, North Vernon, IN
Category: Supported Living
Sign-On Bonus: $1,000 Paid in Installments
Benchmark Human Services has grown to be one of the national leaders in the areas of intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and behavioral health. We work with individuals in their homes, their work, and in their communities, through residential, employment, crisis response, behavioral, recovery, children’s services, and day services. Our Supported Living Program in the North Vernon, IN area is currently seeking Direct Support Professionals. Pay is competitive, and experience is not required, as we provide paid training.
$1,000 sign on bonus!
- Ensure the individuals safety at home and in the community.
- Assist the individuals served with daily living skills, including but not limited to individual care, hygiene care, community safety, social skills and household tasks, such as meal preparation, cleaning, laundry, etc.
- Administer medications and follow physicians’ orders concerning medications and treatments.
- Monitor the general well-being of the individual served, and follow supervisor/nurse instructions.
- Attend and maintain proper training and certifications, including but not limited to first aid, CPR, Medication Administration, and behavior management training, as required to comply with federal, state and program requirements and standards.
- Report to work as scheduled and follow set standards.
- Complete proper documentation relating to the healthcare of individuals served, including MARs, doctor visit forms, healthcare notes, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Competitive pay.
- Life insurance.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- 401k plan with company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
- Employee discounts with various vendors.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Experience in working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred, but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Access to a vehicle in good working order.
- Minimum eighteen(18) years of age.
If interested, please complete an application online at Benchmarkhs.com/Careers
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.