Developmental Therapist Associate (DTA)
Location: Meriden, CT
Category: Early Intervention Services
Sign-On Bonus: $5,000
Now offering a $5,000 sign on bonus! Bilingual encouraged
Benchmark is part of the CT Birth-to-Three system of care and provides comprehensive services to children and families in natural environment settings of home and childcare. Children served have been assessed with disabilities and/or delays. We follow a primary service provider model, utilizing coaching of parents and caregivers, and our staff also provide service coordination/case management to families. This is exciting work that has great impact on child outcomes. We cover 41 towns in CT and have over 100 direct service providers!
Benchmark is looking for a full-time Developmental Therapist Associate (DTA) candidate in the Branford, Guilford, Meriden, Hamden, Madison, North Haven and Wallingford areas.
A full-time position has a required minimum of 20-22 direct service hours per week, (50% productivity).
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee discounts with various vendors
- Advancement opportunities
- Competitive wages based on experience
Participates in Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) development and implementation, monitors outcomes as member of team, and provides direct supports to children and families. Under regular supervision by a Developmental Therapist, may function independently.
- Comply with all Federal and State regulations, including those outlined in the Connecticut Birth to Three Program Regulations.
- Develop rapport with children, families, and team members to promote a healthy learning environment.
- Develop joint plan with family and recommend strategies utilizing evidence-based practices and following the Natural Learning Environment Practices.
- Implement IFSP for enrolled families and recommend frequency of services based on child development status and family priorities and concerns.
- Provide families with information, skills and support related to enhancing their child’s development.
- Utilize the coaching model and natural environment teaching.
- Participate in Birth to Three sponsored trainings, meetings and learning opportunities as appropriate.
- Complete Birth to Three Service Coordinator Modules and function as the Service Coordinator as needed.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff and individuals we serve
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Respectful to others
- Ability to collaborate well with team.
- Knowledge of Connecticut’s Birth to Three early intervention program and best practices for early intervention service delivery.
- Bilingual preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in a human service field or Bachelor’s Degree in unrelated field with Registered Behavioral Technician Credential.
- Valid Connecticut driver’s license
- Confident in adapting to various learning styles to meet the needs of each child and their individualized treatment plan
- One year of experience working with children in early intervention.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Natural Learning Environment Practices
- Bilingual strongly preferred
We would love to speak to you and review your application! Apply on-line at: www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers.
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.