Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) | Mobile Crisis
Location: Angola, IN
Category: Crisis Response Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services (Benchmark) and Anthony Wayne Rehabilitation Center (AWRC) have partnered to offer a new and innovative behavioral health mobile crisis service in Northeast Indiana. Benchmark and AWRC have provided services to individuals with disabilities since 1960 and are excited to provide this new service to DeKalb, Lagrange and Steuben Counties. Behavioral health professionals seeking a career with a well-established provider that offers great benefits, compensation, career advancement, and opportunities to improve the lives of people in their community are encouraged to apply.
Provide crisis support services to individuals who are experiencing a behavioral health crisis or are in a situation likely to turn into a behavior health crisis if supportive services are not provided. Must be willing to flex schedule according to the needs of the individual and blended mobile crisis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all standards to ensure the health, safety and respect of consumers we serve
- Provide crisis follow-up services within 24 hours of crisis disposition
- Complete face-to-face follow-up with individuals, as assigned, after crisis response
- Ensure individuals are linked with appropriate follow-up psychiatric, social, and or medical services before discharge
- Complete documentation as required by Benchmark Human Services and state and federal regulations
- Assist in the completion of safety plans, as directed by the clinician Attend NAMI, other advocacy and community meetings in the region, and provides education regarding blended mobile crisis
- Assist the individual in identifying resources for recovery
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k w/ company match
- PTO + Sick Time
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- and MORE!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of standards and organization policies and procedure
Knowledge of health care privacy and confidentiality rules
- Knowledge of standard health care business practices
- Must possess & demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Skillful in use of computers & general office equipment
- Skillful in interpersonal communication needed to advocate for individuals, communicate with family members, healthcare professionals, support coordinators and others.
- Provider manual crisis operations standards
- Ability to facilitate a positive atmosphere promoting holistic health, wellness and team cooperation
- Ability to de-escalate individuals experiencing acute crisis and/or interpersonal conflict.
- Ability to implement physical crisis intervention procedures when needed.
Employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand or kneel; and occasionally required to climb, balance and stoop. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 51 pounds or more. Lighting and temperature are adequate. Work is required on weekends and during holidays as needed. Employee must be able to travel or accompany
- Certification as a peer specialist, or meets qualifications to be a certified peer specialist
- Must have high school diploma or GED; some college preferred.
- Certification and ongoing training in crisis intervention curriculum (MANDT).
- Experience working with individuals with mental illness, emotional disorders, and substance-related disorders who are experiencing emotional or behavioral crisis.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Community Health Worker (CHW)
If interested please apply at: http://www.BenchmarkHS.com. Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.