Case Manager | Family Preservation
Location: South Bend, IN
Category: Family Preservation
Wage: Annual Salary: $47,000-50,000
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Are you looking for a career in which you can help families maintain their family unit in a safe and healthy manner? Our Family Preservation (FP) program provides short-term, family-focused services designed to assist families in crisis by improving parenting and family function while keeping children safe. This is a per diem program and clinical services are based on the family’s needs. No arbitrary productivity requirements.
Benchmark is currently looking for a Case Manager to serve our FP program in the South Bend, Plymouth, Elkhart, and surrounding areas. The Case Manager will provide direct services to the family unit focusing on addressing the needs of the family and working to build upon the strengths of the family. Services will be provided in a wide variety of settings, ranging from in the home to a variety of community settings, including schools, doctors’ offices, in-clinic, etc. This position will provide whole-person and family centered care coordination across medical, behavioral, and social service community.
Since 1960, Benchmark has been empowering marginalized populations to see their potential. We are committed to realizing the full potential of EVERYONE – those we serve, our partners and vendors, and our employees, who bring our mission to life each day. We actively strive to be a workplace that honors the unique experiences of our employees. Benchmark believes we are stronger, better, more effective in our pursuits when we are diverse; when we are equitable; and when we create space for everyone to be their authentic selves.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off/Sick time
- 401k Plan with company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Access Perks discount program
- Voluntary benefits including disability and short term disability
- Develop and implement individualized case management plan focusing on the identified needs from the clinician’s report.
- Provide required weekly face-to-face visits with each child in the home.
- Assist with developing a budget with family unit to ensure they can meet concrete needs of the household.
- Ensure proper referrals and linkages are made to required services including, but not limited to, mental health services, counseling, tutoring, spiritual, medical, financial, vocational, substance abuse, educational, etc.
- Assist family unit with ensuring essential bills are paid and linkage to funding assistance programs are secured.
- Ensure that safety standards continue to be met and that family protective measures are intact.
- Participate in on-call rotation to ensure safety needs of family unit are addressed 24/7.
- Complete all required daily, weekly, and monthly paperwork within guidelines established by Department of Children Services (DCS) and Benchmark.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience interacting with Department of Children and Family Services, family court, juvenile justice, educational system, community resources, and other community provider network systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Experience with facilitating and actively participating in multidisciplinary meetings.
- Experience with understanding how cultural values norms and beliefs influence behavior and individual’s response to treatment.
- BA/BS degree OR 5 years of case management experience with children and families
- valid driver’s license and auto insurance
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers OR contact me at [email protected]