Behavioral Support Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Location: Pittsgrove, NJ
Category: Group Homes
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark is a national leader in providing programs to individuals with disabilities and mental illness. We are seeking qualified and caring people to work as a Direct Support Professional to serve individuals with behavioral needs in a small home setting. Successful applicants will attend paid training to obtain required certifications.
- Participate in the development and positive implementation of individual’s plans.
- Implement Behavior Support Plans, Replacement Behavior Trials and reinforcement plans consistently, continuously and as written across all environments.
- Provide positive behavioral supports according to individual BSPs and provide positive reinforcement when individuals engage in socially appropriate behavior.
- Respond to emergency situations as trained.
- Continuously ensure a positive, engaged and therapeutic environment.
- Implement behavioral techniques when safety is compromised (ex: physical aggression, dangerous self-injurious behavior and dangerous property destruction) per training and only as needed.
- Implement Meaningful Day Schedules and provide continuous active treatment through the ISP, BSP, daily schedules, day programs/work and reinforcement schedules.
- Competitive wages
- Health and dental insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Various shifts
- Advancement opportunities
- Reliable transportation
- Valid auto insurance and driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working ADL care; toileting, bathing, etc. preferred
- Previous experience working with clients with high behaviors preferred
- Covid-19 Vaccine (including booster when eligible) per NJ Executive Order 283
Interested individuals should apply online or email [email protected]
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.