Other Behavioral Health Para-Professional | Mobile Crisis
Location: Angola, IN
Category: Crisis Response Services
Wage: Annual Salary: $50,000
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services (Benchmark) and Anthony Wayne Rehabilitation Center (AWRC) have partnered to offer a new and innovative behavioral health mobile crisis service in Northeast Indiana. Benchmark and AWRC have provided services to individuals with disabilities since 1960 and are excited to provide this new service to DeKalb, Lagrange and Steuben Counties. Behavioral health professionals seeking a career with a well-established provider that offers great benefits, compensation, career advancement, and opportunities to improve the lives of people in their community are encouraged to apply.
Provide crisis support services to individuals who are experiencing a behavioral health crisis or are in a situation likely to turn into a behavior health crisis if supportive services are not provided. Must be willing to flex schedule according to the needs of the individual and blended mobile crisis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all standards to ensure the health, safety and respect of consumers we serve
- Act as a member of the blended mobile crisis as scheduled and needed
- Provide crisis follow-up services within 24 hours of crisis disposition
- Complete face-to-face follow-up with individuals, as assigned, after crisis response
- Ensure individuals are linked with appropriate follow-up psychiatric, social, and or medical services prior to final follow-up
- Complete documentation as required by Benchmark Human Services and state and federal regulations
- Assist in the completion of safety plans, as directed by the clinician
- Attend community partner meetings in the region, and provides education regarding blended mobile crisis.
- Assist with crisis response as required, including face-to-face response within an average of 60 minutes
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k w/ company match
- PTO + Sick Time
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- and MORE!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of standards and organization policies and procedures
- Knowledge of health care privacy and confidentiality rules
Must possess & demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Skillful in use of computers & general office equipment
- Skillful in interpersonal communication needed to advocate for individuals
- Ability to facilitate a positive atmosphere promoting holistic health, wellness and team cooperation
- Ability to de-escalate individuals experiencing acute crisis and/or interpersonal conflict.
- Ability to implement physical crisis intervention procedures when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Experience working with individuals with mental illness, emotional disorders, and substance-related disorders who are experiencing emotional or behavioral crisis.
- Valid driver’s licenses
- Minimum of two years of experience working with individual with mental illness, emotional disorders, and substance-related disorders who are experiencing emotional or behavior crisis.
- Some college preferred.
- Five years of experience working with individuals with mental illness, emotional disorders, and substance-related disorders who are experiencing emotional or behavioral crisis.
If interested please apply at: http://www.BenchmarkHS.com. Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.