Assistant Director – NJ
Location: Branchburg, NJ
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services has grown to become one of the most respected organizations in the country in the areas of intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) and behavioral health. Our New Jersey offices are expanding and searching for an Assistant Director, to provide leadership support to our state director and programs. Assistant Director will work out of our Branchburg or Monmouth County office.
Directs the regional (New Jersey) activities of Residential and Employment/Habilitation Day Services as well as state and federally funded ancillary services.
- Competitive wages
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company paid life insurance
- Voluntary benefits
- Discount Program
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Advancement opportunities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financial management; budget management, billing, expenditures, waiver plan of care, state funding
- Overall staff supervision; determining staffing needs, staff selection, training, performance reviews, disciplinary action
- Maintains certification and proactive involvement in training and development of staff (i.e., Mandatory training)
- Compliance with applicable Federal, state and local regulations; CARF standards, Medicaid Waiver
- Oversees the coordination between state and Support Coordination
- Development and expansion of program services
- Actively participates in Incident Review Committee; Director’s, PC and Team Leader meetings; county, regional and state meetings (provider meeting, etc.) and other required meetings
- Quality assurance: quality monitoring, file reviews, outcome measures, incentive program monitoring, client finances, health care coordination
- Audit preparation and participation
- Complies with all standards to assure the health and safety of all staff and clients we serve
- Will perform all duties necessary to meet state approved objectives, including the requirement that the employee cooperate with Benchmark Human Services and staff from the Department of Human Services (DHS), the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), the Office of Licensing (OOL) as well as the Department of Children and Families (DCF) in any inspection or investigation.
- Remain current in training offered by DDD (CPR/SFA) as well as those offered by Benchmark.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability and skill to effectively communicate with all levels within an organization
- Knowledge and ability to interpret financial data and act upon or make recommendations based on the data
- Skill to lead multiple direct reports
- a) Bachelors degree preferred and 10 years experience working with people with developmental disabilities required, two of which are supervisory in nature;
- b) Masters degree with minimum five years management experience in working with people with developmental disabilities preferred
- Driver’s license valid in the State of New Jersey and auto insurance
- Criminal background clearance
- Clearance through Central Registry of Offenders Against Individuals with Developmental Disabilities. N.J.A.C. 10:44D
Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.