Frequently Asked Questions from Employers
1. What types of jobs are best suited to individuals referred by Benchmark?
The skills and abilities of our job candidates vary. Benchmark has placed individuals in a wide variety of positions from retail, janitorial, clerical, and food service to healthcare, computer science, research, and social services.
2. Are there any placement fees?
No. All placements and job training are provided free of charge by Benchmark.
3. How will current staff respond to workers hired through Benchmark who may have additional assistance like coaching or other accommodations?
Employing a diverse workforce has been shown to result in a positive impact overall on staff and customers.
4. What type of training and support do workers receive?
Benchmark is available to provide free on the job training as well as follow up monitoring to ensure a successful placement.
5. Is there any increased cost to a company that hires an individual referred by Benchmark?
Most placements require no more cost than hiring any other worker. Costs, if any, can often be offset by tax credits to the employer.
6. What if it doesn’t work out?
Benchmark can attempt to find another qualified candidate for the position.