Autism and Behavior Services
We’re Here to Help!
At Benchmark, we understand the difficulties families often face when their child is diagnosed with autism. That’s why we partner with families to provide Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Services in the state of Georgia that help reduce aggressive or difficult behaviors, increase social and communication skills, and help children with autism succeed at home, at school, and in the community. Benchmark has a nearly 60 year history of helping individuals reach their highest potential through a variety of programs including behavior analysis.
Serving Georgia’s Children through:
- Evaluation & Testing for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Behavioral Therapy
- Social Skills Development
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
What is Behavior Analysis?
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is a branch of behavioral theory adapted and developed to meet the social needs of those with learning disabilities through systematic assessment, evaluation, and experimentation. ABA therapy is utilized to increase communication, language, attention, as well as to decrease problem behaviors among those diagnosed with social deficits. Both governmental and medical entities have recognized ABA since the 1970s as a proven, evidenced-based modality that is successful in addressing symptoms associated with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Applied Behavior Analysis at Benchmark
- Diagnostic Testing and Evaluation
- Behavior Therapy
- Skill Building
- Group/Family Skill Supports
- Ongoing Assessment of Progress and Additional Service Plan Needs
The ABA service plan is developed to reflect the unique goals of the individual and family. Some targeted behavior changes may include:
- Decrease in aggressive behaviors
- Decrease in self-injurious behaviors
- Improved communication skills
- Improved social functioning
Benchmark’s team of behavior experts in Georgia are highly trained and have extensive experience working with both children and adults with autism.
The ABA team includes:
- Doctoral Level Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA-D)
- Master Level Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA)
- Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analysts (BCaBA)
- Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs)
- As needed, professionals from other disciplines, such as psychiatrists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), and Registered Nurses (RN)
Who is Eligible?
Individuals under 21 years of age in Georgia are eligible to receive ABA services with Benchmark. They must have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or need for diagnostic testing for ASD and need for additional supports to address concerns, such as:
- Behavior Challenges, including aggression and self-harm
- Social Skill Building
- Family Support
To learn more about Benchmark’s services and how we can work together to help your family thrive, contact us at:
- Benchmark Human Services
530C West Thomas Street
Milledgeville, GA 31061
- Phone: 478-451-0557
- Toll Free: 877-756-2770
- Fax: 912-200-9259
- Email: ABAGeorgia@BenchmarkHS.com
How to Make a Referral
Families, pediatricians, and behavioral health providers in the state of Georgia may complete the Client Inquiry below.