- The mission of Benchmark Human Services is to help people with disabilities achieve maximum independence and inclusion so that they may contribute to society.
- Merge the charitable mission of the corporation with effective business practices.
- We accept the fact that we operate in a competitive environment and use competition to strengthen our organization.
- Our goal is to build the finest agency in the country. Anything we do will be done in an excellent manner or not done.
- Develop a corporate image that denotes first class services. This includes maintaining corporate physical assets that project that image.
- Services should be designed with the client (customer) choice in mind. Programs should be wrapped around people rather than forcing people into fixed programs.
- Policies do not create quality, people do. If a corporation has the hearts and minds of its employees, then rules and policies are of little use.
- In order to be successful, staff members must be flexible. “Departmental” thinking should be minimized.
- Giving too much service is demeaning and disrespectful and fosters dependence. We should strive to help people “just enough.”
- With all the regulation we must endure, it is easy to confuse process with product. We must keep focused on outcome.
- We have three important assets: people, reputation, and finances. The most important of these is people and we will develop practices that reflect that fact.
- Staff should have an understanding of the financial as well as the professional principles of the corporation.
- The future of this corporation and the success of individual employees are linked to increased productivity.
- Very few corporations produce a more important service or product. We deal with things that make life worth living.
Many Benchmark programs are CARF accredited.
CARF International accreditation demonstrates a program’s quality, transparency, and commitment to the satisfaction of the persons served. CARF International is an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services. Toll free (888) 281-6531.