Vice President Behavioral Health and Crisis Services
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services (Benchmark) is a national provider of human services including programs for the developmental disability and behavioral health fields along with related consulting services. Benchmark is seeking candidates for a new vice president position to lead our behavioral health and crisis services. The vice president will provide overall fiscal and programmatic direction, growth, and supervision of behavioral health and crisis related services. The vice president will also ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and consistency of services throughout assigned programs as well as provide supervision of directors. In addition, data will be collected, analyzed, and reported to ensure compliance and operation within the overall operational budget for programs. The selected candidate must be experienced and competent in profession and maintain any applicable license, training, and/ or certifications. The selected candidate may live and work from any location.
- Monitor overall fiscal performance of designated programs by utilizing financial reports trend analysis reports and regular communication with direct reports and accounting department to maximize profitability and cost-containment.
- Develop consistent program standards across all similar programs.
- Develop and monitor budgets for various programs within assigned areas.
- Develop profitable business within established guidelines.
- Travel throughout assigned regions and meet with internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programs and make revisions when necessary.
- Be involved with continued development and monitoring of all agency training.
- Solicit regular customer feedback and respond when necessary.
- Monitor incentive plans for designated areas.
- Keep up-to-date with and assure compliance with all federal, state and agency standards.
- Hire, train and monitor staff in accordance with agency policy.
- Collaborate with business development team to identify and grow new areas of business that pertain to mission.
- Participate in internal programmatic audits to insure the quality, accuracy and existence of all necessary documentation required to successfully pass all surveys and audits.
- Have pro-active interaction with state regulators and agency staff for facilitating positive implementation of changes made to existing systems, programs and/or services.
- Demonstrate leadership skills by taking a proactive approach to communication, problem solving and taking the lead/initiative on projects.
- Promote on-going positive relationships with all current and potential referral sources and all other agency providers.
- Be an active participate in various internal committees and work group.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of behavioral health and crisis services’ regulations, standards and the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of health care privacy and confidentiality rules.
- Must possess & demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Skillful in use of computers & general office equipment.
- Skillful in working with people from diverse educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Skillful in interpersonal communication needed to advocate for clients, communicate with family members, healthcare professionals, support coordinators and others.
- Skilled in managing, supporting, and directing staff to attain stated goals.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage program budget.
- Ability to manage multiple direct reports with varying educational and experience levels.
- Ability to make decisions based on data and organizational goals.
- Ability to be forward thinking and entrepreneurial.
- Master’s Degree in related field preferred
- Five (5) years of management experience
- Ten (10) years of experience in the field of behavioral health
- Valid driver’s license
- Competitive base salary
- Incentive Bonus
- Health and dental insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life Insurance
- Advancement opportunities
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount Program
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers