Category: Group Homes
If you’re looking for a rewarding job helping people with disabilities become more independent and involved in their community, become a Team Lead (DSP, behavior tech, CNA, home health aide, personal care attendant, PCA nursing assistant) at Benchmark Human Services. Expect thorough training, great challenges, and even greater fulfillment as you help individuals reach their maximum potential.
Full-time; Part-time; 4pm-12am.
We offer competitive wages including performance bonuses, opportunities for career advancement, and full-and-part-time openings, including weekends! Benefits include medical and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401k with employer match, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and sick time, referral bonuses, and relocation opportunities.
Performs all the functions of a Team Leader and directly manages the day to day services provided at a group home, assists the Program Coordinator with training and is responsible for ensuring quality of services provided and the health and safety of the individuals served.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Collect and disseminate forms and agency information as delegated by PC.
- Assist with training and monitoring.
- Directly responsible to develop and manage staffing schedule in accordance with the Ratio’s laid out in each individual’s Individual Plan.
- Responsible for ensuring that the individual’s home is safe, clean and in good repair.
- Help collect and manage individual’s financial information; IE COH
- Be sure that Active Treatment is being implemented per individual’s IP.
- Assist in monitoring individual’s health care needs
- Monitor proper diet, meal planning and shopping.
- Ensure that monthly safety fire drills are conducted and documented.
- Must report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation immediately to supervisor or department head.
- Maintain documentation, certification and training as required to comply with federal, state and program requirements and standards.
- Be available 24/7 except for day/ weekend off, must arrange another team lead to cover when off.
- Be available for State Surveys in assigned homes.
- Attending Team Leader Meetings bi-weekly/Assigned House staff meeting monthly
- Reasonable suspicion of a crime against a Benchmark resident must be reported to the Regional Director and/or Law Enforcement as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
- Report to work as scheduled.
- Assist with the following duties:
- Writing of goals and preparation of goal sheets
- Planning, scheduling and follow-through of doctor appointments
- Assisting in crisis situations
- Meeting with diagnostic and evaluation team
- Review and checking in medications
- Assist with medical emergencies
- Responsible for coordinating staffing coverage, must work if no staff is located
- Train new employees
- Complete home observations
- Financial duties:
- Monitor in home client spending money and staff petty cash
- Cash checks and make deposits if applicable
- Complete paper work for grocery bills.
- Valid driver’s license
- At least 2 years experience working with people with ID/DD preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Some experience in supervision preferred but not required.
- Valid CPR and First Aid
- Candidates for employment are required to pass drug screening.Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If interested apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers.