Category: Supported Living
Full time position
If you are looking for a rewarding job helping people with disabilities become more independent and involved in their community, become a Supported Living Supervisor at Benchmark Human Services. Expect thorough training, great challenges, and even greater fulfillment as you help individuals reach their maximum potential.
We offer competitive wages including performance bonuses, opportunities for career advancement, and full-and-part-time openings for all shifts, including weekends! Benefits include medical and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401k with employer match, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and sick time, referral bonuses, and relocation opportunities.
Coordinate and manage the operation of Supported Living homes. Supervise staff and provide a meaningful day for the clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, train and provide guidance to the staff in accordance with state and federal regulations, Benchmark personnel policies, and the Supported Living policy and procedure manual.
- Participates as part of an interdisciplinary team in the development of each client’s Individual Support Plan (ISP) and Person Centered Plan (PCP).
- Participates in direct service for each client.
- Completes daily, weekly, monthly and yearly documentation as required by Benchmark and state and federal regulations. Maintains in-home client files according to standards and protocol established.
- Facilitates all repairs and required maintenance of the client’s home.
- Responsible for following client’s budget and ensuring payment of bills. Assists client in maintaining Medicaid eligibility by scheduling and attending all Medicaid appointments and providing proper documentation.
- Communicates professionally with families, Case Manager, Behavioral Consultant, health care personnel, schools, landlords, employers, etc.
- Participates in SL Manager’s meetings, team meetings and other departmental meetings, ISP, PCP, IEP meetings, and other meetings as assigned.
- Is able to implement training programs as specified in each client’s ISP.
- Complies with behavior support policies and procedures and implements approved behavior support programs.
- Participates in the hiring and discipline of assigned staff.
- Ensures proper medication/treatment administration and assists in meeting the client’s health care needs.
- Schedules and assists clients in all medical appointments and procedures. Ensures proper follow up is completed.
- Plans and implements community based, age appropriate, recreational activities for the clients.
- Implements required training protocol for new and existing staff.
- Responds appropriately and promptly to on-call situations.
- Report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation immediately to supervisor or department head.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
- Report to work as scheduled.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders, effective trainer, knowledge of policies and procedures
- Associates degree in a related field is preferred.
- Two years – experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- A minimum of 1-year supervisory experience.
- Valid CPR and First Aid certification
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Must complete training as required: Interviewing, hiring, discipline, employee relations, etc.
Candidates for employment are required to pass a drug screening.
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If interested apply on-line at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers.