Supported Living Manager
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Category: Supported Living
Wage: Annual Salary: $38,000
Sign-On Bonus: n/a
Benchmark Human Services helps support individuals throughout life, from infancy to elder years. Our team serves more than 10,000 children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The SLM is responsible for coordinating and managing the operation of Supported Living homes. Supervise staff and provide a meaningful day for the clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, train, and provide guidance to the staff in accordance with state and federal regulations, Benchmark Human Services personnel policies, the Supported Living policy, and procedure manual.
- Participates as part of a collaborative team in the development of each client’s Individual Support Plan (ISP) and Person Centered Plan (PCP).
- Participate in direct service for each client.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly documentation as required by Benchmark and state and federal regulations. Maintain in-home client files according to standards and protocol established.
- Responsible for following client’s budget and ensuring payment of bills. Assist client in maintaining Medicaid eligibility by scheduling and attending all Medicaid appointments and providing proper documentation.
- Communicate professionally with families, Case Manager, Behavioral Consultant, health care personnel, schools, landlords, employers, etc.
- Participate in SL Manager’s meetings, team meetings and other departmental meetings, ISP, Quarterlies, IEP meetings, and other meetings as assigned.
- Implement training programs as specified in each client’s ISP.
- Comply with behavior support policies and procedures and implements approved behavior support programs.
- Participate in the hiring and discipline of assigned staff.
- Ensure proper medication/treatment administration and assist in meeting the client’s health care needs.
- Schedule and assist clients in all medical appointments and procedures. Ensure completion of proper follow up.
- Plan and implement community-based, age appropriate, recreational activities for the
- Implement required training protocol for new and existing staff.
- Respond appropriately and promptly to on-call situations.
- Report any suspected abuse, neglect, or exploitation to supervisor or department head.
- Maintain employment-required documentation (current auto insurance, driver’s license), certification (i.e., First Aid, CPR, Medication Administration, Mandt, etc.), and training (OSHA, Abuse & Neglect, etc.) as required to comply with federal, state and program requirements and standards.
- Competitive wages
- Health and dental insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time Pay
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Various shifts and locations
- Advancement opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years experience working with individuals with mental disabilities.
- A minimum of 1-year supervisory experience preferred.
- Valid CPR and First Aid.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Must complete training as required: Interviewing, hiring, discipline, employee relations, etc
Please visit our website at www.benchmarkhs.com. Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers